Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gobble, Gobble!!!!

Gobble!!! Gobble!!! Turkey and Thanksgiving go hand in hand and hopefully everyone got enough of it. J I know I did. On thanksgiving this year is was just me and James but I still went all out and kept tradition.
I made a super yummy jalapeño butter injected turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes with gravy, crescent rolls, stuffing, a pumpkin cheese ball, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie. All for just us two! I thought it was worth it and I know James did too.

Plus one of the best parts of Thanksgiving turkey is the leftovers! I turn mine into an awesome tortilla soup with a recipe from my Mom that I tweaked a little. This is why I inject it with jalapeño butter; the flavor is amplified once it is in the soup with all the other ingredients. I didn’t take a picture of the soup but maybe at Christmastime I will share the recipe and pictures!!
This was the first year that I put out Thanksgiving décor. I made a Thanksgiving wreath and bought some cute placemats and runner for our dining room table. Then I place a fiber optic cornucopia that my Mom gave me as the centerpiece. Super simple but super cute!! Now I can’t wait to put out my Christmas décor!

No comments:

Post a Comment