Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops

Tonight for dinner I made crock pot ranch pork chops, garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and oven roasted green beans. Yummy and super easy! This one is a keeper.

I found the pork chop and mashed potatoes on Pinterest and changed the potato recipe a little, click here to see the original recipe from Chef in Training. The green beans are a go to recipe of mine that I love. I have shared all three here.

Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops:

4-6 boneless pork chops (I used 4)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request version)
1 packet Ranch Dressing mix (I used Hidden Valley)

Place the pork chops in the crock pot and pour the soup over them. Add the ranch dressing mix and stir together. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes:

My recipe is quite different than the one I linked above because of how I like my potatoes. I used less milk and did not roast my garlic. I also do not use a mixer to make mashed potatoes. I don't think you need a mixer, use a little muscle and they are fine. :)

6 med-large red potatoes (about 2.5 lbs)
1/3 cup skim milk
5 Tbsp. of margarine
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Peel and cut up your potatoes, place them in a pot and cover with water. Bring potatoes to a boil and boil them until fork tender. Drain potatoes and put them back in the pot. Mash the potatoes with a masher, and then add the milk, cheese, garlic and margarine. Mash and stir all ingredients together.

Oven-roasted Green Beans:

1/2 lb fresh green beans with the ends snapped off
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp. of kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse green beans and snap or cut the ends off. Place them in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to make sure they are all covered. Lay them out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, halfway through stir.

This is a great, quick and healthy meal. I hope you enjoy it.



Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delish! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!
    Thanks for stopping by! :) that dish looks amazing, btw! Pinterest is a great resource for some delish recipes (there are many that I have drooled over, but have yet to make), so your post is inspiring me to get into that kitchen! :)

    -Jane @ urbanejane.com

    ReplyDelete