Thursday, January 19, 2012

Goodreads

Last year I found this great social media reading site called Goodreads. It's like Facebook but you track and review books you've read. You have friends and can see their books and reviews and it is a great way to get suggestions for new books. Plus I love reading so this is perfect for me. I usually read during my lunch hour at work and then on the weekends but I guess you could consider me a bookworm.

I also like the feature where you can challenge yourself to read so many books in the year. Last year I challenged myself to read 106 books, 2 a week. It was a little too much of a challenge. I only did 71. So this year I made it a little more realistic.

This year I plan to read 75 books. Since I almost met this goal last year I figured it wouldn't be hard to do. I tend to be fairly consistent with reading but with us moving this last year I had a few months where I didn't read hardly at all. I am hoping that I can keep on track this year. Plus my sister and I have a little competitiveness with this so that makes it fun too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment