Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Like Big Books... Tote Bag

I love this new tote bag I made!!!! I recently bought a Silhouette Cameo, seriously this is the most awesome crafting machine!!! It an cut paper, vinyl, heat transfer and much more. Plus instead of paying $80 a cartridge for a few designs you buy each design individually for .99 cents. So much more practical! OK, back to my tote bag.

I have seen these cute bags all over Pinterest with the saying "I like Big Books and I cannot lie." I think it is so fun and very 90's.

All you need is an inexpensive plain tote bag from a craft store and some heat transfer material. I wrote out my saying in the Silhouette studio software with the Wide Latin font, right aligned. I made the Big Books part a little bit bigger and all caps so it stood out. Load your machine with the heat transfer paper with the glossy side down. When using the heat transfer material make sure you reverse the image before you send it to the Silhouette Cameo. Once the material has been cut by the Cameo, you can remove the clear backing and place on your tote bag right side up. Have your iron on the highest setting and use a sheet or pillowcase in between your iron and the material. Iron over the design a few times until it is sticking in all corners. Peel back the clear part and your done! Now I have an awesome book tote, that represents me!!
Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to our Pretty Things Party! I hope you'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thermal Spray Coatings is the most versatile of all the thermal spray processes it can be found in the widest range of industries.

    ReplyDelete